We are finally getting some cooler fall weather here in northwest Florida and I’m starting to get in a holiday mood between the nice weather, decorating the house and yard for Halloween and the gorgeous pumpkins I’ve been seeing everywhere. I’m sure we’ll be baking up some pumpkin pies pretty soon but in the meanwhile I’m excited to make these Pumpkin Pie Crescents as a quick and easy way to get my pumpkin fix!
We use crescent rolls for all sorts of recipes and this one is an easy favorite. Make your own pumpkin puree or grab a can and a few other ingredients like sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and an egg.
In a medium bowl mix the pumpkin puree, granulated and brown sugars, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well then fold in half an egg yolk.
Roll out the crescent rolls on parchment paper then sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place about 1 1/2 Tablespoons of the pumpkin mixture in the middle of each triangle.
Roll and fold the dough like you would for a regular crescent roll then bake until lightly golden brown.
Mix a simple icing of powdered sugar and milk or water and drizzle the glaze over the pumpkin crescent rolls before finishing the look with these gorgeous Wilton Autumn Sprinkles.
- 1 (8 ct) container Pillsbury crescent rolls
- ¾ cup pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk (or water)
- Wilton autumn sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the pumpkin purée and both sugars. Stir until mixed well.
- Add the cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Stir to incorporate the spices through out the mixture.
- Fold in the egg yolk.
- Roll out the crescent roll triangles on the baking sheet. Lightly sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on each triangle.
- Place about 1½ Tablespoons of the pumpkin mixture in the middle of each triangle. Roll and fold the dough like you would for a regular crescent roll.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- To make the glaze, add the powdered sugar and milk (or water) together in a bowl. Stir until a thick glaze forms. Set aside.
- Remove crescent rolls from oven and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the glaze over each crescent roll.
- Sprinkle the autumn sprinkles on top of the glaze.
I highly recommend Plan to Eat for a great place to store all your favorite recipes! Check it out with a free trial and see how easy it is to add recipes from the Internet, plan meals for your family and even print out a handy grocery list. Please also follow me on Pinterest for lots of other great recipe ideas!