Since my quadruplets were born in October they tend to think of the whole month as theirs so we are constantly whipping up fun treats all month long like this special Halloween Candy Corn Rolo Pretzel Bark! This recipe is also a great way to use up some of your leftover candy after Halloween is over and the combination of salty and sweet is amazingly tasty.
Gather up a few simple ingredients like chocolate chips, caramels, shortening, pretzels, candies and heavy cream. This recipe is so fun and easy to make that the kids often beg to help out and I’m more than happy to let them.
Add the chocolate chips and shortening to a microwave safe bowl and heat for a few seconds at a time and stir until smooth then pour onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread evenly.
Now for the really fun part that the kids always want to do themselves! Place the unwrapped Rolo candies randomly, pressing them firmly into the chocolate. Next do the same with the pretzels.
Fill in all the blank spaces with candy corn then drizzle the melted caramel over the whole sheet of deliciousness. Try to refrain from sampling any until after it cools 😉
You can place the whole baking sheet into the refrigerator to cool faster, because I know you simply can’t wait to try out your new concoction! Once it has cooled completely break the bark apart into bite size pieces and watch it disappear! We also like to get treat bags from Dollar Tree and package up this Halloween Candy Bark to give as gifts to teachers, co-workers, and friends.
- Line a 15 x 11 half sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the chocolate chips and shortening to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the lined sheet pan and smooth out evenly to the edges with a rubber spatula.
- Place the unwrapped Rolo candies randomly on top of the melted chocolate.
- Place the pretzels on top of the melted chocolate bark.
- Sprinkle the candy corn on top of the melted chocolate bark, paying attention to any empty spaces between the Rolos and pretzels.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, microwave the caramels and the cream in 30 second increments until completely melted and smooth.
- Drizzle the melted caramel all over the top of the chocolate bark.
- Chill for 15 minutes.
- Break into bite size pieces and ENJOY!!
- *Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one month.