It’s already getting pretty warm in our area and I’m sure that it’s going to be a long hot summer but I’m looking forward to making lots of these Frozen Kiwi Pops to help us all stay cool. The kids love to help make these and I love how happy they are with these delicious fruit treats.
All you need are a few simple ingredients – you can use either white or milk chocolate and your choice of decorative toppings.
Remove the skin and cut the kiwis into one inch thick slices then insert a wooden treat stick into each one. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for four hours.
Melt the chocolate and dip the kiwi slices then decorate with multi colored sprinkles.
Everyone is sure to enjoy these frozen treats and they make a beautiful presentation for serving guests!
- Line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Slice 4-5 kiwi fruits into 1-inch pieces and place on cookie sheet.
- Insert a wooden treat stick into each kiwi slice.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the dark cocoa melts for 45 seconds and stir. Continue to microwave in 15 second intervals until completely melted. Stir after each interval.
- Dip each kiwi pop into the melted chocolate (or you can spoon it on).
- Because they are frozen, the chocolate will harden almost immediately. To add sprinkles to each pop, you must sprinkle the kiwi pops as soon as you add chocolate to each one.
- Cover with plastic and place in the freezer until ready to serve.
I highly recommend Plan to Eat for a great place to store all your favorite recipes! Check it out with a free trial and see how easy it is to add recipes from the Internet, plan meals for your family and even print out a handy grocery list. Please also follow me on Pinterest for lots of other great recipe ideas!