Pasties are a classic handheld meat pie. These are savory and the perfect option for filling up young picky eaters, packing for lunches, and for family meals. They’re super easy to make in a muffin tin with a refrigerated crust and they look so cute too!
Roll out a pre-made refrigerated crust, or use your own favorite recipe, and use flattened cupcake cup to cut out six base pie crusts. Press the individual pie crusts into the muffin tin.
Make a mixture of browned ground beef and veggies and spoon into the bottom of the crusts. Top the beef mixture with mashed potatoes then make a lattice top crust from strips of the refrigerated pie crust. Bake until the crust is golden brown and serve. These pasties make for a hearty one dish meal or you can enjoy them with a side salad but be sure to make plenty because they always disappear fast around our house!
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup choice frozen veggies
- 2 eggs
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ⅛ cup minced onions
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- ½ pound potatoes
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel, chop and boil potatoes.
- Brown meat adding in minced garlic and onion.
- Mix frozen veggies and two small eggs into browned meat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Flatten a cupcake baking cup. Use flattened cupcake cup to cut out six base pie crusts.
- place pie crusts into the muffin tin.
- Blend potatoes, milk, and butter into your mixer creating creamy mashed potatoes.
- Layer meat and veggie mix, topping with a scoop of mashed potatoes.
- Cut leftover pie crust into strips. Layer the strips over the top of the mashed potatoes creating a classic lattice weave.
- Bake until golden brown crust. About 25 to 30 minutes. Makes six.