My slow cooker is one of my favorite things – it’s such a time saver and is wonderful for dinners on especially busy days, but I have to admit that I rarely think of using the slow cooker to make desserts. This slow cooker raspberry crisp recipe has changed that though because the delicious dessert was so easy to make and it can be made using your choice of pie filling – apple, cherry, or blueberry for example – whatever suits your mood!
Grab a can of raspberry, or your favorite flavor pie filling and with just a few other simple ingredients – butter, flour, oats and brown sugar – you can throw together a tasty dessert for your family with very little effort.
Pour the raspberry pie filling in the bottom of your slow cooker then layer the oats mixture on top and walk away for a couple hours. Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream and enjoy!
- 1 can raspberry pie filling
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup cooking oats
- ¾ softened stick butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Pour your can of raspberry pie filling into the bottom of your slow cooker
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add your softened butter, oats, sugar, and flour, then mix well
- Pour your oats mixture on top of your raspberry pie filling and spread evenly
- Cook on low heat for about 2-3 hours or until your topping turns golden brown and your raspberries are bubbling
- Scoop into dessert dishes and top off with whipped cream and enjoy!
I highly recommend Plan to Eat for a great place to store all your favorite recipes! Check it out with a free trial and see how easy it is to add recipes from the Internet, plan meals for your family and even print out a handy grocery list.