Disclosure – This is a sponsored post on behalf of Winn Dixie, however all thoughts and opinions are completely my own.
Everything goes better with bacon right? Well the “Everybody Loves Bacon” event is going on at Winn Dixie right now and when they challenged me to post a bacon recipe I knew immediately what I wanted to make. I’ve been making this scrumptious Malibu Chicken dish for years but I haven’t had it in quite awhile so I was super excited to make it for dinner. It’s easy to make but looks very elegant so I like to serve it for company as it always gets lots of compliments.
What are your favorite things to make with bacon? I could eat it for any meal of the day and think it goes great with everything, except for maybe ice cream, and I’d love to hear about your favorite bacon dishes!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 slices bacon
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or minced or ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons grated fresh ginger or ½ tsp powdered ginger
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil or canola oil
- 8 slices muenster cheese
- Whisk soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl until sugar is completely dissolved. Stir in garlic, ginger and oil.
- Place chicken and marinade in a resealable bag and shake to coat completely. Refrigerate for 2 to 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Precook bacon until it starts to brown, do not completely crisp as it will finish cooking in the oven.
- Wrap each chicken breast with two strips of bacon and place on foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until no longer pink in the center.
- Place two muenster cheese slices on top of each chicken breast and return to oven for a couple minutes until melted. Serve.