Something about this season really makes me want to bake and sometimes, when I want something warm from the oven but don’t really have time to make something from scratch, I like to “cheat” a little and use these delicious refrigerated Pillsbury sugar cookies to make something that looks like I slaved over homemade treats. This recipe really fits that bill because they’re super fast and easy to make but they look really complicated so get ready for the compliments!
All you need for these Easy Valentine’s Day Nutella Cookie Cups is some premade Pillsbury sugar cookie dough from the refrigerated aisle, some sprinkles and candy hearts, and of course a jar of Nutella.
Use a muffin tin to make the cookie cups then once they’ve cooled fill them with Nutella and decorate. They’re so delicious everyone will want the recipe, it’s up to you whether to tell them how easy they are to make!
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray your mini-muffin pan with a nonstick coating.
- Place an individual cookie dough piece into each muffin pan and bake for 12 minutes.
- Place the muffin pan on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Gently pop the cookie cups out of each mold and place on the cookie sheet.
- Spoon the entire jar of Nutella into a disposable frosting bag or a gallon Ziploc bag with the corner tip cut off.
- Pipe the hazelnut spread into each cookie cup.
- Sprinkle the white jimmies and heart-shaped cherry candies on top of each cookie cup.
- *Store in a single layer in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
I highly recommend Plan to Eat for a great place to store all your favorite recipes! Check it out with a free trial and see how easy it is to add recipes from the Internet, plan meals for your family and even print out a handy grocery list. Please also follow me on Pinterest for lots of other great recipe ideas!