Bread and cheese are two of my favorite things so I always love to make a big tray of this Herb and Feta Cheese Bread to take to family gatherings or to a friend’s house for game night. There’s never any leftover which is both a compliment and kind of a bummer because I always hope there will be a couple pieces left that I’ll just have to eat.
I usually grab a loaf of crusty French bread that’s already been pre-sliced from the deli at my local supermarket because that little convenience makes this tasty dish go together fast and easy. Simply butter the slices, sprinkle with garlic then Feta cheese, then sprinkle the herb mixture on top and bake until golden.
This smells so delicious while cooking that I often have people wanting to snitch a taste before I can even get them on the tray!
This Herb and Feta Cheese Bread is one of my all time favorite appetizer recipes because it’s super simple to make, delicious to eat and always seems to please any crowd. What could be better than that?
- 1 loaf crusty French or Italian bread
- Butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 4 oz containers crumbled Feta Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter the top side of each bread slice and place on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the buttered slices evenly with garlic powder.
- Sprinkle crumbled Feta cheese evenly over the slices.
- Combine the basil and oregano leaves and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until eges of bread turn golden.
I highly recommend Plan to Eat for a great place to store all your favorite recipes! Check it out with a free trial and see how easy it is to add recipes from the Internet, plan meals for your family and even print out a handy grocery list. Please also follow me on Pinterest for lots of other great recipe ideas!