When you have a large family and a small budget it isn’t always easy to put together nutritious meals that everyone will eat. I like to make eggs as the main dish of our meals a couple times a week because they’re full of protein, low in calories and they’re an inexpensive entree. Eggs aren’t just for breakfast either, we like to make them for dinner once a week, and they’re so versatile that we can prepare them in tons of different ways.
Check out the Eggland’s Best website for lots of great recipes like the breakfast burrito, sunny side breakfast pizza, or tomato basil frittata. I’m a huge fan of Eggland’s Best eggs because they have 10 times more vitamin E than regular eggs according to the nutritional information on the product package. They also have double the amount of omega-3’s, twice the vitamin D, 3 times more vitamin B12 and 25% less saturated fat.
I made these southwestern eggs in a basket for brunch this weekend, they’re super easy to prepare and the kids really love them. Check out the recipe below then enter to win my Eggland’s Best giveaway!
- 1 egg
- 1 small flour or corn tortilla
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place tortilla on a baking sheet and sprinkle ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese in a circle near the outer edge of the tortilla.
- Break an egg and drop into the center of the shredded cheese.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
I’m thrilled to be able to giveaway an Eggland’s Best prize package to one lucky reader! To enter just do any or all of the things listed in the Rafflecopter widget below. This giveaway will end at midnight on Saturday, April 13th.
Prize Package Includes:
- (1) coupon for one free dozen Eggland’s Best eggs
- (1) ceramic mixing bowl
- (1) egg-shaped wooden cutting board
- (1) whisk
- (1) bowl scraper
- (1) ceramic mug
- (1) eco bag
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure – the Eggland’s Best coupon, information, and two gift packs, one for me and one for a lucky Shopper Strategy reader, have been provided by Eggland’s Best.