Have you ever wished that you could stop worrying about money? Is that something you wish for quite a bit? Last summer Suze Orman created the Money Minded Moms website to help moms take on their uncertainties about money. Suze says “the goal is to give each of you the power to wipe away any uncertainties you have about your family’s finances and replace them with confidence that you get from knowledge and support.”
About a year and a half ago my family’s financial situation changed dramatically when we made the tough decision to close the real estate appraisal business I had been running for the past 20 years and take a chance on starting an entirely different kind of business creating Coupon Clutch organizers. We’re doing well with the new business, but it’s nothing like our old income stream and of course the first few months there was no ‘profit’ at all. For this reason, our major goal for 2011 is to work on getting rid of our credit card debt, in addition to working on our emergency fund. Once we have those two items under control we’ll turn our efforts to working on our retirement and the kids college fund.
I’m excited to have had the chance to review Suze Orman’s book “Action Plan, New Rules for New Times” and I’m happy to be able to give away a copy as well. Suze breaks down the “new rules” into eight easy to follow action steps:
1 – Action Plan: Credit
2 – Action Plan: Retirement
3 – Action Plan: Saving
4 – Action Plan: Spending
5 – Action Plan: Real Estate
6 – Action Plan: Paying for College
7 – Action Plan: Protecting Your Family and Yourself
8 – Action Plan: Kids and Money
If you would also like to feel more secure about your family’s financial situation, I highly recommend checking out the many free resources and newsletters available at Money Minded Moms and that you enter for a chance to win your own copy of Suze Orman’s book “Action Plan, New Rules for New Times.”
How to enter – 6 different ways!
- Tell us which of these action plans you’d most like to read about! This entry is mandatory but you may also do any or all of the following for additional entries. Leave a comment on this post for each entry so that all of your entries count. The winner will be chosen at random at midnight CST on Saturday March 12th.
- Subscribe to Shopper Strategy by Email or RSS feed, or leave a comment that you already subscribe.
- Follow me on Twitter @sdenise.
- Tweet about this giveaway and include me @sdenise so that I can see it (you can do this up to once daily).
- Like me on Facebook, or just say if you already do.
- Download our free coupon toolbar for TWO EXTRA ENTRIES. Be sure to leave two comments!
Disclaimer: MoneyMindedMoms provided me with the free book and information, plus a gift pack for a reader, through MyBlogSpark.