I’ve become a HUGE fan of menu planning and freezer cooking because it saves us so much money every month and greatly reduces stress at meal time. When you plan your meals in advance you benefit in several ways – you use up ingredients you already have on hand, you only buy the ingredients that you’ll actually be using that week (if they’re not already in your stockpile), and you reduce wasted food. Some of you have told me that you just don’t have the space in your freezer to make a few week’s or a month’s worth of meals ahead of time, or you just don’t have the time to set aside for the planning and cooking. Well here is a perfect solution!
Michelle at 5 Dinners 1 Hour has a fabulous service where she does all of the meal planning for you and provides you with complete instructions and recipes for making a week’s worth of meals in just one hour. You can get a free week here to try out for yourself, and once you see how easy Michelle’s system is to use you can subscribe for only $1.25 a week – you pay just $15 for a three month subscription via PayPal.
I received a month’s worth of menus to try out and I was really impressed with the simple instructions and the variety of the recipes. I have the pickiest kids in the world but there were all kinds of kid favorites in the menus, including French dip sandwiches, crunchy oven baked chicken tenders, and make ahead spaghetti and meatball casserole. Here are the simple directions that are included with each week’s plan:
1. Take the grocery list to your kitchen and mark off all ingredients you already have and only shop for the ingredients you need.
2. For the cooking hour, get out all ingredients on the grocery list except for those in italics along with all kitchen tools listed.
3. Open all cans and packages.
4. Follow the “Assembly directions” to make 5 dinners in ONE hour.
5. When ready to eat, follow the “Menu” instructions.
I’m thrilled that Michelle has offered to give TWO lucky winners a free month of 5 Dinners in 1 Hour!
How to enter – 6 different ways!
- Leave a comment telling us your family’s favorite quick and easy meal – mine is mini pizzas, the kids love getting to “help” and they can fix them however they want! This entry is mandatory but you may also do any or all of the following for additional entries. Leave a comment on this post for each entry so that all of your entries count. The winner will be chosen at random at midnight CST on Friday November 12th.
- Subscribe to Shopper Strategy by Email or RSS feed, or leave a comment that you already subscribe.
- Follow me on Twitter @sdenise.
- Tweet about this giveaway and include me @sdenise so that I can see it (you can do this up to once daily).
- Like me on Facebook, or just say if you already do.
- Download our free coupon toolbar for TWO EXTRA ENTRIES. Be sure to leave two comments!
Disclaimer: I was provided with a free month of menus to facilitate this review, and the sponsor has graciously offered a free month to giveaway to two of my readers. The thoughts and comments provided are my own and I received no compensation for this post.