My kids go nuts every time the Pillow Pet commercial comes on television so I was pretty sure that they’d enjoy getting one, but when I was offered one for review I thought we’d likely end up with some injuries if they had to share just one, so I went ahead and ordered four more for the other kids. They’re priced at $19.95 on TV but I was pleasantly surprised to find out that you can buy additional Pillow Pets (up to five more) for only $15.95 each – that REALLY helped out when I had to buy so many. The four that I ordered arrived very quickly so I had to wait for the Patriotic Pup Pillow Pet they sent me for review to come before I could let any of the kids see them, and it just happened to arrive on the day of my six year old’s birthday party so all of the kids got a special gift that day!
My oldest got to open his ‘Tardy Turtle’ at his birthday party and he immediately had to hug and squeeze it. We got the same reactions from our four year old quadruplets when they opened theirs later at home – they got Ms Lady Bug, Hungry Hippo, Squeaky Dolphin and the Patriotic Pup. They were so excited that they rolled around squealing and hugging their Pillow Pets – it was so adorable that I had to take video of the event. Can you tell if they really liked them? (Please excuse the carpet in the kid’s playroom, it’s horrible, but is being replaced next month! Yay!)
The Pillow Pets are the perfect size for them to carry around (all day long!) and they’re amazingly soft. I’m impressed with the attention to detail like the dots on the ladybug’s nose and my favorite feature – the soft flap that covers the itchy side of the Velcro when the pillows are opened up. Because it flips over to cover the Velcro it took a couple of times to show the kids how to close the pillows up themselves, but they got the hang of it pretty quickly and I think it’s great that they won’t be scratched or irritated by the closure. I was also surprised that there are SO MANY to choose from, there are actually 22 different styles and they’re all adorable. The Patriotic Pup is a special limited edition style and it costs a little more at $24.95, but it really is special with the unique stars on his belly AND $5.00 from each order is donated to scholarships for military children to help the families of our American heroes.
The kids give their Pillow Pets ten thumbs up and we’re all super excited that one lucky reader will win a Pillow Pet of their very own!
How to enter – 6 different ways!
- Visit the Pillow Pet website and leave a comment on this post telling us which Pillow Pet you’d like to have. This entry is mandatory but you may also do any or all of the following for additional entries. Leave a comment on this post for each entry so that all of your entries count. The winner will be chosen at random at midnight CST on Wednesday July 28th.
- Subscribe to Shopper Strategy by Email or RSS feed, or leave a comment that you already subscribe.
- Follow me on Twitter @sdenise.
- Tweet about this giveaway and include me @sdenise so that I can see it (you can do this up to once daily).
- Like me on Facebook, or just say if you already do.
- Download our free coupon toolbar for TWO EXTRA ENTRIES. Be sure to leave two comments!
Disclaimer: Pillow Pets sent me the Patriotic Pup for review purposes and I purchased the other four Pillow Pets. All thoughts and comments are my own and I received no compensation for this post.