These Sugar Surprise Cookies are one of my all time favorite cookies to make and to share. Each cookie has an Andes mint hidden inside and while they’re baking the flavor of the mint infuses throughout the entire cookie for a wonderful taste sensation. You don’t even have to ice these cookies but the kids were so thrilled to make these for our neighbors and insisted on the icing and sprinkles.
We are so fortunate to have many wonderful neighbors! Some of our neighbors have taken the kids out fishing on their boat, another gentleman insists on taking our garbage cans to the street on trash day during his daily walk, and we have neighbors who have helped with repairs and given us hand me down toys. I’m sure that we don’t tell them often enough how much we appreciate them so what better time than during the holiday season to help spread some cheer! We used these adorable free printable gift tags from Betty Crocker to decorate our goody bags then the kids had a blast delivering them to our neighbors. While you’re at the Betty Crocker Spread Cheer page be sure to check out all the other free printables, coloring pages and grab some coupons.
- 1 package Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 package Andes Mints
- ½ cup or 1 stick of butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- Optional - icing and sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir together contents of packaged sugar cookie mix, softened butter and egg.
- Scoop a tablespoon of dough and flatten it slightly in your hand. Place an Andes mint in the center and form the dough around the mint like a "package".
- Tip: The dough is sticky so it helps to moisten your fingers with water as needed to help shape the dough.
- Place the cookies two inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- If desired, ice with your favorite icing and decorate with sprinkles.
I’m super excited to be able to giveaway $20 PayPal cash so one lucky reader can buy some Betty Crocker cookie mixes to make their own favorite recipe and spread some cheer. To enter to win just do any or all of the things listed in the Rafflecopter widget below. This giveaway will end at midnight on Saturday, December 19th.